INFORMATION NOTE ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA BELONGING TO PERSONS REGISTERING FOR ISTANBUL BIENNIAL PUBLIC ENTRANCE
İstanbul Kültür ve Sanat Vakfı (İstanbul Foundation for Culture and Arts) (“İKSV”), with its affiliated commercial enterprise İstanbul Kültür ve Sanat Vakfı Tur. Paz. Org. İktisadi İşletmesi, is the Data Controller with respect to the processing of your personal data within the scope of this Information Note. Your personal data are processed by İKSV within the framework explained below and always in compliance with the Law No. 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“the Law No. 6698”). For further information on the purposes of the processing of your personal data by us, please see İKSV’s Policy on the Protection and Processing of Personal Data on the publicly accessible website www.iksv.org.
1. Purposes of the Processing of Your Personal Data:
As İKSV, we may process your personal data such as full name and e-mail address for the following various reasons such as registering you for entrance to İstanbul Biennial venues; sending your registry details together with the QR code generated for you; sending you notifications of organizations; upcoming organizations that are similar to the ones you attended before; if and when necessary, sharing the participant list with the host of the event/venue for security reasons; performing safety controls at the venue entrances; carrying out reporting activities aimed at event planning and arranging the events.
2. The Method and Legal Reason of Collecting Your Personal Data
Your personal data are obtained and processed by İKSV through various channels and based on various legal reasons, with entirely or partly automatic methods, or non-automatic/physical methods provided that it is part of a data recording system.
Your personal data can be processed in order to conclude, execute, or terminate a contract with you as per Article 5(2)(c); in order for İKSV to be able to perform its legal obligations as per Article 5(2)(ç); in case your personal data have been made available to the public as per Article 5(2)(d); in case data processing is mandatory for the establishment, exercise, or protection of any right as per Article 5(2)(e); and in case data processing is mandatory for the legitimate interests of the data controller provided that this processing shall not violate the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subjects as per Article 5(2)(f). In the absence of any legal reasons stated here and in the Law, your personal data, when necessary, can be processed with your explicit consent as per Articles 5(1) and 6(2).
3. To Which Parties and For What Purposes Your Personal Data May Be Transferred
Your personal data may be transferred to the service providers of İKSV in Turkey or abroad that especially arranges domestic and overseas events, the institutions with which İKSV cooperates as well as legally authorized public bodies and/or private persons in line with the abovementioned Purposes and within the framework of the conditions and purposes of personal data processing stated in the Articles 8 and 9 of the Law No. 6698.
4. Rights of Data Subject under Article 11 of the Law No. 6698
As personal data owners, you are entitled
- To learn whether your personal data are processed or not,
- In case your personal data are processed, to request information,
- To learn the purpose of processing your data and whether they are used for the intended purposes or not,
- To learn the third parties at home or abroad to whom your personal data are transferred,
- If your personal data are processed incompletely or inaccurately, to request correction, and, accordingly, to request that third parties to whom your personal data were transferred be notified of such action,
- Even if your personal data are processed in compliance with the Law No. 6698 and other applicable provisions, if the reasons requiring data processing are no longer valid, to request erasure or destruction of your personal data, and, accordingly, to request that the third parties to whom your personal data were transferred be notified of such action,
- To raise objections against the analyzing of your processed data exclusively by automatic means if it leads to an unfavorable consequence for you, and
- To request compensation for the damage arising from the unlawful processing of your personal data.
As personal data owners, in case you deliver your claims related to your rights on an application form with wet-ink signature to the postal address İstanbul Kültür Sanat Vakfı Nejat Eczacıbaşı Binası Sadi Konuralp Caddesi No: 5 Şişhane 34433 İstanbul, or to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org with secure electronic signature/mobile signature or from the email address submitted beforehand to İKSV and registered in the system of İKSV, your claim will be concluded as soon as possible or, at the latest, within 30 (thirty) days depending on the nature of the claim.
In case this transaction brings an extra cost, a compensation will be requested from you as per the rates determined by the Personal Data Protection Board.